Thursday, March 11

Two and a Half












(I apologize for the detailed update, I am doing it for myself because I really love all that is going on at this age.  Feel free to skip through).

It amazes me how much David has changed in the short 3 months he has been a Big Brother.  He is like a different child in a lot of ways.  The child is incredibly chatty.  We joke that we should reevaluate our no pacifier in the car rule just to save ourselves, ha.  However, David and I honestly have the best conversations while driving around town.  It is just so strange to hear him speaking in long sentences.  I love it.

Singing has become his new thing and we spend at least 15 or 20 minutes just laying in bed at night singing songs together.  He loves Wheels on the Bus, Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Deep and Wide, and most recently Amazing Grace.  He calls it Amazing Grace How Sweet the Sound.  We probably sing it 12 times in a row before he moves onto another song.

Playing outside is his all time favorite thing to do and we are extremely excited about the upcoming time change.  David loves to play golf in the front yard with his Daddy after work.  We spend a lot of time just watching cars drive by, airplanes fly over us, and picking up pine cones, leaves, and sticks.

The boy finally loves to color and has an obsession with stickers, fire engines, and choo-choo trains.  I probably could pack up the rest of his toys and he would hardly even notice.  He absolutely loves playing and gets distraught when it is time to go to bed.  You can hear him crying all the way down the hall saying "Play toys!!"  He also loves to help his Daddy cook and learned how to peel carrots and cucumbers the other night.  We go to the dentist next week for the first time and I can only hope it goes as well as getting his hair cut usually goes.  He loves getting his hair cut.  He talks about Deborah all of the time and we cannot drive by the barber shop without him screaming to go park and see Deborah.  I think it is because she gives him lollipops!  David also knows who drives what kind of car.  He always thinks his friend Harrison is around if he sees a Volvo SUV and gets upset if we don't follow white Jeeps because he thinks it is his Daddy.  Speaking of, David ADORES his Daddy.  He loves to rough house with him and talks about missing him during the day.  He always wants to know if Daddy is working at the office with Susu and Papa.

I am going to try and start recording specific phrases he comes up with.  It is cute to see how his little mind is processing things.  I definitely want to remember what a little compass he has become, he even knows where we are at night.  It has shocked me honestly because I am so directionally challenged (height and also in terms of orientation).  He knows more at 2 then I probably did when I was 16 and reminds me a lot of my brother in that respect.  I guess it is just the spatial engineer genes he gets from his Daddy.

What I want to remember most about this phase of David's development is how incredibly tender hearted he is.  David feels things really hard and is always distraught when any of his people have to leave.  His feelings get hurt very easily.  He tells Evie she is beautiful and is always concerned when her paci falls out.  He loves to hold hands, sit in my lap, and probably tells me he loves me 20 times a day.  I am soaking it up because I am sure he will snap out of this adoration of his Momma way before he even goes to Junior High.

I asked him his Favorites earlier today and they are as follows:

Favorite Color: Red
Favorite TV Show: Handy Manny
Favorite Mickey Mouse Clubhouse character: Pluto, no Mickey
Favorite food: Bananas and Kashi Bars
Favorite drink: Orange Juice
Favorite sport: Football or as he says "feetball"
Favorite animal: Tiger
Favorite Movie: Cars or as he said Lightning McQueen
Favorite Holiday: Halloween (which is hilarious since it is Grant and my least favorite.  I think he just loves candy, ha!  He usually says candy tastes like Halloween.)
Favorite Candy: Lollipops
Favorite toy: Thomas train
Favorite Olympic sport: Curling and hockey


post signature

1 comment:

Abby Euten said...

sweet post, I really enjoyed it!