Monday, March 29

4 Months with Evie-Lu



Evie Marelle fits perfectly into our little family.  In a lot of ways it feels like she is the child that truly made us a family.  I know that sounds odd since we had obviously had our sweet Boy for 2 years before she ever arrived.  However, something about being a unit of FOUR just makes you feel like a real true functioning family.  And I love it.  We are a hardcore Party of 4.  And now our littlest one is just about to turn 4 months old.  I am trying to hold onto every moment and soak up all it has to offer.  Time is passing me by and these precious days with our BABY girl are like water running through my fingers.  I want so much to box her up at this point and keep her my baby forever.  But then I see David running around, speaking in paragraphs, and I remind myself it is only going to get better with her.  All I can do is be intentional and present, committed to giving my little ones my best self and doing right by them.  This whole Mom thing is just the absolute best.

So Evie.....is just the fluffiest, happiest, most personable little baby ever.  She is social, as every girl should be, and never meets a stranger.  I will post her weight after our doctor appointment on Wednesday.  I am fairly sure she is going to be really fluffy.  My arms can tell you that for sure.  I have a feeling I am going to be one ripped Mama after toting this little bundle around.  I love her precious rolls and how cute she looks in her bloomers and dresses.  Oh and I cannot wait for bubble season.  She has the perfect build for a bubble!!  She has become one strong little girl.  She can roll from front to back without much effort and is able to fully lift her chest and legs in the air at the same time.  Like her brother, she loves to stand.  I can tell she is going to be one busy baby.  She already does crunches in her car seat and swaddle trying to sit up.  She doesn't like to be held like a little baby, but wants to face out and see the world.  She adores her brother and just giggles at him all day long.  Evie loves to sit in her bumbo seat and watch him play.  He tries to teach her colors and all about his trains.  It is very sweet.  So far she is still eating 6 ounces about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  She takes a short nap in the morning, a catnap around lunch, and then a very long nap in the afternoon.  We had to start swaddling her with 1 arm out to counteract her rolling abilities.  She is an extremely active baby and wakes herself up with her flailing arms.  She usually goes down between 7 and 8, gets a snack around 1030, and then sleeps until 630 or 7.  We discovered this past weekend that she does not love crowds or loud noises.  She is the type to get easily overstimulated I am guessing and fusses when overwhelmed with tons of people at once.  She is all girl, full of emotions, and is very clear about her needs.  I love how different she is from her brother and am guessing she is going to bring a lot of spice to our life.  So fun!!
(new posts below)

No comments: