Saturday, January 16

Slilly Boy

I LOVE the way this two year old child talks. I seriously dread the day he learns to pronounce things correctly--though I am sure it loses it's cuteness appeal after 6 years of age when they get sent to speech therapy. I wanted to record a few things for my memory--because I have somehow lost the ability to remember anything. Am I alone in this? I used to always make fun of my Mom when she could not recall simple things OR even things like our first words and such. In the words of my sister--I have now become my Mom. My brain has actually lost the ability to retain information. Not sure if it is sleep deprivation or what--maybe it's all the hormones from being pregnant twice over the course of 3 years.

Anyways---here are a few words I love to hear David say. Many days, I will just ask him to say them so I can enjoy his cuteness.

Slilly=Silly
Grum=Drum
Kips=Chips
Kippys=Chappys

Our new favorite game is to repeat David's words as he says them. As we have done this, we realize he actually thinks he is saying it the correct way (which makes it even more cute!). Here is how the conversation usually goes.

David: I love slilly boots.
Mommy: You love your slilly boots?
David: No, Mommy. Slilly boots.
Mommy: Oh, slilly boots?
David: NO. SLILLY boots!
Mommy: Oh, Silly boots?
David: Yes.
Mommy: Yes, what? What do we say to Mommies?
David: Mam.

This same banter went on with the words grum, kips, and kippys. I love his little brain!





post signature

No comments: