Thursday, January 14

Brother Sister

David around 8 weeks
Evie at 6 weeks

Some people have told us Evie reminds them so much of David. In my eyes, she looks like a completely different baby with a few similarities--though there are times she reminds me of him. I looked back at David's pictures to see how similar they really are at this stage. Weirdly enough, I think Evie looks SO much like David when she is crying--I guess it's because her eyes are closed and though you cannot tell in this picture--their eyes are very different when open. So far, she seems to be darker complected than him--but you just never know for sure because babies change so much over the first 6 months. I am excited to see how Evie will grow and change. She is the sweetest baby and makes my job as Mama extremely manageable. We are coming up on the 7 week mark and I can hardly believe it. I feel like she has been here all along, but then I also don't feel like I really know anything about her outside of her sleeping, eating, and pooping patterns, ha! So far, she is VERY smiley and I am loving seeing her little face light up throughout the day. Today is my birthday and I can think of nothing more I could want--the gift of staying home with these little babies is such a privilege and I hope to never take it for granted.

post signature

3 comments:

Abby Euten said...

Ella is much darker complected than Cale too, funny! Happy Birthday!

Abby Euten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

Happy Birthday! She definitely has her own look. You have two very beautiful and sweet children!