Wednesday, October 1

Birthday Boy









Well, David's birthday week came and went.  We made cupcakes the day of his birthday and enjoyed a family dinner at CPK.  David loved their macaroni and cheese!!  We ended the night by singing happy birthday and letting him have his first birthday cupcake.  He devoured it and loved every second.  Afterwards, there was so much anticipation as we waited to celebrate such a special milestone that I am exhausted this week after gearing up for the big party.  It really wasn't a big party, but I think it turned out to be a fun afternoon and came together fairly well.  The party was at the park on Sunday afternoon, the weather was fabulous and so was the company.  The food was turtle themed because we have referred to David as a turtle ever since he was a newborn.  I had this grand vision in my head regarding the cake and cupakes.  It turned out to be a huge ordeal to pull off, but I enjoyed being crafty and doing something homemade and special for my Daveman.  I was blown away by all of the love and support our family and friends showed David on Sunday.  I want to thank all of them for their unending generosity and joyful excitement they have shared with us.  We cannot believe our boy is 1!  It is amazing how quickly they change.  I can already tell that he is acting older just days after his birthday.  Pretty crazy!

post signature

3 comments:

The Wilbanks said...

Such cute pics. Ps. You are the skinniest you have been since I have known you. Are you eating?

Unknown said...

that first picture is the cutest picture he has taken in his 1 year of breathing... i think the 4-D is a close second haha. i love these!!

JJ said...

I can't believe he is already a year! Happy Birthday!!