Saturday, October 11

We're alive.










I apologize for the lag in blogging.  I just haven't been in a bloggy-type mood lately.  But life has been going on as usual around here.  This age is such a blast and I am loving spending my days with this cheerful busy little man.  We go to the park nearly every day and he is enthralled by the big kids.  This Fall weather has been wonderful and has brought us outside to play sometimes twice a day!

Let's see--what is new?
Daveman is "talking" all the time.  He has his own little language and I can tell he is getting ready for his first word.  He is constantly pointing at things and trying to communicate with us.  He has become really proficient with using his sign language to let us know what he needs.  Seeing his chubby little fingers sign away is the cutest thing ever!

We are up to 4 bloody lips now.  I attribute this mainly to his climbing tendencies and new walking skills.  He has gotten brave enough to stand up on the seat of his Radio Flyer Rocket while holding the handle bars.  And the other day he pushed a stool over to my mom's coffee table and crawled right up on top of it!  I am hoping this is not a sign of things to come.

I have been delaying his first hair cut and the time has finally arrived.  I can no longer deny that the child is sporting a mix between a rat tail and mullet.  It is classy for sure.  I have been so afraid to cut it because it has been curling every now and then.  Now that the humidity has passed, our child is running around with a full-fledge mullet.  Even so, it is really cute after a bath.  We call it the 'whispy mullet.'

I am beginning to fear that 80% of my child's baby pictures are of him in PJs.  I swear he has cute clothes.

The little man is officially obsessed with his new Radio Flyer wagon.  I mean he LOVES it.  It is our new transportation of choice to the park and he waves the entire time to absolutely no one as if he on parade or something.  He even plays with it inside.

He also loves his new bean bag that Nanny and Papa gave him for his birthday.  He regularly face plants into it and laughs with glee.  He has yet to have enough attention span to actually sit in it and watch Sesame Street for longer than 5 minutes, but he loves it nonetheless.  

We are starting to master a FEW animal noises.  He really doesn't have the verbal skills to say 'ruff-ruff' or 'quack-quack.'  BUT we have found a few clever ways for him to learn a few.  He has learned tiger and it sounds like a hissy growl in the back of his throat.  Elephant is new and he just blows rasperries in response and kitty-kat is a little creepy.  His meow sounds like a sickly cat, but he's getting it at least!!  It's precious and it amazes me how quickly their little brains acquire new skills.

David is also going through a picky phase.  It is rather frustrating because he has always been such a good eater and I really want him eating GOOD foods.  I realize this probably is just the beginning of grilled cheese and chicken fingers, but I am not giving up yet.  We made some black bean cakes and mixed in corn and black eyed peas.  He LOVED it and had no idea he was eating 2 of the dreaded veggies he loves to throw on the floor.  Trickery may be my new strategy of choice.

Oh, and who needs a toddler when you drop your own phone in the toilet??!!  Thankfully, all is well with my beautiful iPhone.  It was a scary time. :)









post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see some wonderful pictures and hear how awesome he is developing!!!!
Denise

The Wilbanks said...

Here's a fun thing to do... I went back through your blog to October of last year. Wow- what a difference a year makes. Dave is so sweet and I think the "whispy mullet" is very becoming. See you soon!