Thursday, October 23

First Hair Cut





After our trip to the Pumpkin Patch, we headed straight to the Barber Shop.  The lady who cuts Grant and my brother's hair happened to be in Saturday with some open appointments in the afternoon.  I had been putting off this milestone because I was afraid he would look too old with a big boy hair cut.  The mullet actually was curly and cute most of the summer, but as soon as the humidity passed out of town we realized it was not so cute anymore.  Our child was sporting a straight up mullet and seeing it draped over the back of his turtleneck at the pumpkin patch was just the breaking point for me.  It had to go!

He did so great!  He only fussed for a tiny second when she first put the apron on him.  Of course, he was confused and wary as to who this strange lady was and what she was going to do to him.  In typical David fashion, he had this odd confused look on his face most of the time.  It was cute and I was just glad he was not crying.  He looked so old sitting up on the chair all alone.  He even got to play with the buzzer for awhile which he seemed to enjoy.  I think she was trying to expose him to it so when the time came for side burns he would not be afraid.

Overall it went REALLY well and he was rewarded with a butterscotch lollipop which he LOVED.

post signature

6 comments:

The Wilbanks said...

Oh my gosh. He is so cute. That picture with his hair slicked down is adorable. What a grown up!

Abby Euten said...

Oh! He's so handsome!! Glad he did well, he looked very relaxed during the process.

Lauren said...

precious!

Elizabeth said...

David looks adorable post haircut! I wanted to thank you for a post you wrote a long time ago about pacifiers. I've never been a big fan, I don't like the look of the colored ones. I invested in the clear Avent pacifiers and we love them. Thanks!

Bari Hickman said...

Liz, you do not know me, but I know of you through friends. You are absoulutely gorgeous first of all, and you and your hubby are beautiful together!!! Now comes to the beautiful little one that I created-he is so precious, I know you could eat him up!!!I would love to get to know you better-what an inspiration you are to me!!! In His Unfailimg Love~Bari Hickman

Courtney said...

Precious! I love the outfit & his haircut is adorable!