Wednesday, September 24

My Toddler.....





You know those websites that send you weekly updates on your child's development.  Well, up until now I have received emails entitled: My Baby This Week.  Do not worry, because the night before my BABY turns 1 I receive an email entitled: My Toddler This Week--Your One Year Old.  It was a sad reality check to say the least!!!

Even though it is bittersweet to welcome this new phase of David's life, I cannot believe how fun he keeps getting.  I definitely miss when he couldn't refuse a cuddle, but the interaction we have gained over these last months has been so precious.  

I simply cannot believe I am even having to blog about our little guy turning 1.  Today was pretty special and something I hope to remember when he is grown.  The weather was fantastic so I put a quilt in the front yard and gathered a basket of toys.  We spent over an hour just playing together in the shade.  I can't really explain what made it different from other playdays we have, but I just really enjoyed it and loved knowing it was the last day I would have him in this phase before toddlerhood.  

Things I want to remember:
-David loves to dance and breaks into his bouncy routine every time a Mac Ipod commercial comes on.  He already knows what is the superior technology!
-He also has gotten where he breaks into clapping whenever he hears the words: Clap your hands.
-He is signing Milk and More regularly now.
-The blue blanket has become a staple for the little man and he regularly plays games with it.  He likes to throw it over his right shoulder over and over and over again.  Sometimes he throws it too far and looks back like where on earth could it be?  Also, if you say "David, where's your blanket???" he starts frantically looking around where he is standing and takes off to find it.
-Sharing the paci with the dog is a new little trick David has become obsessed with doing.  I haven't exactly figured out how to deter him from pulling this off quite yet.  
-He has become a little walking machine and now has his first pair of big boy shoes that actually have rubberized souls.
-He is just starting to follow commands like: David put your paci in the water.
-Phones, phones, phones, and more phones.  Everything is a phone.
-Everything is also milk.  You say, "David, where is Mommy's nose?"  Where he once would grab my nose, now he just responds with the milk sign.  
-Lots of kisses and hugs
-He sat through all 4 quarters of the Auburn/LSU game like a champ and amazed us all.  I continue to pack for these games as if he will be spending the night in the stadium.  He continues to surprise me with his flexibility.  

David,  You are such a joy and an absolute blast.  I could not be happier than when I am spending all of my days caring for you and playing your games.  
Thank you Jesus for such a strong, healthy, and cheerful little boy.  Grant us the grace we need to teach and equip him for a life that may bring you glory and honor.

You are now one year old and I really cannot talk about it.



post signature

2 comments:

Ashley Matteo said...

hey liz
first of all, it was great to see you at hayley's yesterday and david is doing so well with his walking. secondly, is it david's birthday today? are yall doing a party this weekend with family and such? have fun! lastly, i just want to say i have enjoyed getting to know you more and see you as david's mother, and a Woman who loves the LORD. dan and i are always so impressed with you and grant being so laid back and also so knowledgeable as parents. we forget that yall are younger than us because we look up to you in many ways. just get ready for a year of questions from us on how to raise little boys. hope to see you again soon and happy birthday david!
ashley

The Wilbanks said...

Dave,
You are such a precious gift. We have enjoyed getting to know you this past year and we can't wait to watch you grow into such a fun and loving little boy. We love you like you were our own. Happy Birthday Buddy!
Andy, Lindsay, and Cade