Wednesday, September 3

War Eagle




I simply cannot believe football season is actually here.  It still feels like summer and yet we headed to the first Auburn game of the season this past weekend.  It was such a fun weekend to spend at the lake with family.  My sister and her boyfriend, my parents, and my brother and his girlfriend celebrated Labor Day with us at the lake.  The weather was beautiful, but we really just spent our time relaxing together.

I was a nervous wreck about taking David to the football game.  We took him to the Iron Bowl last year when he was 8 weeks old.  Of course he was a breeze because he had very little things to be demanding about.  He had milk and sleep during the game and was incredibly pleasant through all 4 quarters.  Well, this time he is 11 months old.  He is a busy crazy little boy who loves to play.  He really only allows you to hold him if you are standing.  The moment you sit down he wriggles from your lap ready to crawl around.  However, we thought a night game would be a good way to experiment and see if he can come to some games with us this season.  I was a stressed mess.  He was fighting his afternoon nap and was fussy and irritable right before we left.  Lately, he has not been one to sleep in the car when the sun is up.  So I was worried he would just scream the whole drive from the lake to Auburn.  I was certain we would not make it through the 2nd quarter.  So, I packed my bag full of juice, water, and all kinds of food and toys.  Thankfully, he slept the entire 45 minute drive!!  I was absolutely shocked.  When we arrived he was completely content to sit in his stroller and people watch.  He spent the whole game traveling from lap to lap.  He really seemed completely content.  Phew!

Other news:
11 months is such an interactive age!  
-Dancing is a new thing David LOVES to do.  We can ask him if he wants to have a dance party and he immediately starts panting and bouncing up and down.  Today, I turned on Sesame Street so I could load the dishwasher in peace.  I peeked into the den and saw him leaning on his stomach on the ottoman and just bouncing around dancing to the music.  Hilarious!
-Kisses and hugs used to be something we would ask for and he would oblige.  Now he cannot get enough.  Last night we put him in the bathtub to play.  We were both sitting on the floor talking to him and he kept standing up over and over again to kiss and hug each of us.  He could barely play he was so distracted by getting up to kiss and hug.  Of course we were soaking wet and it did not care in the least!!!  So fun!
-He loves to play games.  He will hide his face behind an open door and peek it out over and over again.  He also likes to lean his head all the way over to his shoulder.  He wants you to copy him and as soon as you do, he leans his head the other way and waits for you to do the same.  
-This past weekend he had his first grilled cheese.  It was so cute!!  He really loved it.  He also had his first game day pretzel...well just a few bites.  He seemed to like that as well.



post signature

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Liz, he is such a grown up! A grilled cheese...oh my goodness! Are you guys heading back down to AU this weekend by chance? We'll be there so call me if you are! I'm emailing you ASAP because I want to see you guys!

Shannon and Clint said...

Cute pics of the fam! I am so glad that you had a good time and that David did so well. I enjoyed lunch with the 2 of you today. He is so much fun to play with :)

Annie said...

Liz!

Who is this little man that you speak of? I mean he follows commands now? I guess I am not up to date on the baby timeline as far as when they start new things. You look so great in those pictures! I mean hott! Well I miss you in my life and I need to see you and your precious family asap. I am also really enjoying your new blog. I love you and hopefully I will see you soon!...... hmm, I love how this comment has turned into a short email.

Adios prima