Thursday, June 10

Update

Memorial Day 2010
Lake Martin

We had such a fun time with my side of the family over Memorial Day weekend.  Our cousins were there as well and we spent a lot of time just enjoying having nothing going on.
David "fished" and did lots of kayaking.  He loved being outside.  My parents have a great set-up with a little beach and then a pond area with tadpoles.  David made his morning rounds around the house in his PJs.  We tried to catch tadpoles, played with the hose, and dug holes in the sand.  It was a little boy's dream!  
Contrary to what our pictures suggest, Daddy was at the lake as well.  I need to get better about pulling out my camera these summer days.  Evie did lots of napping and cuddling with all her people.  She loved to play on the dock while Big Brother swam and fed the ducks.

David at 2 years 9 months.
He has become a chatter box.  It is beyond precious the things he comes up with to talk about.  And his talking is seriously constant.  He is still very sweet natured and tenderhearted.  He gets his feelings hurt very easily and is often "sad" about things that don't go his way.  The last few weeks he has sprouted a little fiesty side that we were glad to see existed.  Everyone needs a little spunk!  His general obsessions are coo-coo trains, fire trucks, and garbage trucks.  His favorite shows are Handy Manny, Chuggington, and Thomas and Friends.  We are about 75% potty trained, I would say.  He is completely day-trained at home, but we are still learning to ask to go when we are out and about.  I am sure that will come with time.  He has also become quite a fish in his little puddle jumper, but is still VERY cautious about going under water.  Like every almost 3 year old, David struggles with sharing his things.  He is very possessive and territorial, kind of like a small dog. :)  It truly is hilarious because every single time we leave for the pool or playgroup, we have a discussion about which toys he refuses to bring along for fear of them being taken.  He has learned to recite Proverbs 3:5-6 and 2 Timothy 1:7.  I love how toddlers don't deal with insecurity at all.  He loves to sing his bible verses while playing on the beach or even swimming in the pool.  He yells them very loudly.  It makes me sad to think of how much the world is going to steal from him in the next few years.  I just wish we all could as innocent and pure as a little 2 year old.

Recent Sayings
"Mommy, you're breakin' my heart."
"Mays yous please---go away."
"May I have a cokes shushi."
"I sad Nanny not my best friend.  I so sad about that."
"Dear God, Tank you for binoculars, fire trucks, and dump trucks."
"It's hard to calm down Mommy.  Will you rock me?"

(6 month Evie post below)
post signature

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Another one that leaves me laughing!!! "Mommy, you're breakin' my heart?!?!" He's going to be the heart breaker!