Tuesday, June 22

Father's Day

For Father's Day, we spent the day at Lake Guntersville with Gaga and Papaw.  The day was filled with all the things all things boy.  It was so sweet to see my boy and his Daddy doing so many things that Grant grew up doing with his own Dad.  I watched my baby become a boy.  He fished, swam, and drove the jet ski and 4wheeler (VERY VERY SLOWLY).

Grant is a WONDERFUL Father.  I love doing this whole family thing alongside him.  He has the most playful spirit and the kids thrive on all the silliness, wrestling, and fun.  He is affectionate, intentional, and always concerned foremost with the workings of our little family.  After a long day of fielding all kinds of complaints and negativity, he comes home to a house full of chaos and demands.  He never ever ever once has made a complaint about the cleanliness of the house or the state of our dirty laundry.  Instead, he jumps right into the kitchen and whips up something delicious and is always sure to offer David opportunities to help him out.  We then jammie the kids and do the whole put down routine.  Poor Daddy finally is able to crash around 8.  I know he is worn out, but he still will offer me a foot massage or ask about my day.  I love that he feels strongly about contributing to the family even when the easier choice would be to disengage and crash in the recliner.  Instead, he chooses to be present during these precious fleeting days with our children.  I will always always be so impressed.  We love you Daddio.

(new post below)
post signature

No comments: