Wednesday, June 9

Stop the Bus...

Evie Marelle is 6 MONTHS!!!!  (boring post that only family would really enjoy :)



I cannot get over it.  I am painfully aware of how fast this is all going with her and am trying to do everything I can to take her all in before her babyhood is gone gone gone.  We are LOVING our girl.  I could basically have a 6 month old child on my hip for the rest of my life.  It is the perfect age.  It is a great mix of squishy soft baby days and the predictability that comes with the later months of the first year.


Things I want to record:
-17 lbs. 11 oz.--90%, Can't remember exact height--somewhere between 50% and 75%.
-Loves to chew/suck on her thumb.
-Eats baby food twice a day now and has not rejected anything so far.
-Evie is the sweetest baby and has no problem just going along with things.  She is just happy to be alive, I guess.
-She is EXTREMELY ACTIVE like her Daddy.  I seriously am nervous about her gaining mobility.  We have to pass her around when we are out because it is so exhausting for any one person to hold for a long period of time.
-Evie sat up unassisted for quite awhile the day before her 6 month birthday.  She is even able to sit in a high chair when we go out to eat now!
-She has become quite attached to this pink lamb blanket.  She loves to bury her face in it when she is sleepy.  It is amazing how much it calms her and helps her go down all by herself.  Evie also sleeps not only on her tummy, but face down.  It is a sight I have had to get used to because she insists that is how things are going to be.  Evie is also a HOT sleeper.  A teeny tiny baked potato.
-She loves this Psalty song about David and Goliath.  We call it the Giant song.  David is obsessed and makes us listen on repeat quite a bit.  I am guessing she has grown accustomed to falling asleep in the car to the Giant song because she LOVES it.  I have never seen anything like it, but it stops her fussing every.single.time.  On the ride back from the beach (long story, but had no bottles with me!).  We were 30 minutes past her feeding time and she was not happy.  As I drove down 331 trying to find a place to buy a bottle, I turned on the Giant song and she went from all out crying to SILENCE and stayed that way until we found a Rite Aid.  I was shocked.
-Evie is still very social and laughs/smiles at just about anything.  Her little personality is so precious. 
-She is still a great sleeper, but I have noticed sleeps very lightly.  Even with a floor fan on, she pops her head up over half the time I go in to check on her during the day.
-No teeth so far, just lots of drool.  She also loves to chew on fabric and will stuff a burp cloth or lamby in her mouth to soothe herself.
-This week Evie has begun to roll herself across an area (2 or 3 rolls at a time) to get to a toy she seems to want.  David never did this, so I am find it quite funny.


All in all, we are so blessed to be having so much fun with 2 children.  Things are not perfect by any means, but my hard days usually have more to do with my daily chores than with our children.  Maybe having David has given me a hindsight that allows me to really appreciate even the hard things.  I have grown to enjoy the random night that Evie needs to sleep with me in her recliner (lots of ear infections).  I guess I can sense how quickly we are approaching the down hill slope to toddlerhood.  I am desperately trying to box up every moment to save for when my days with diapered babies have passed on.  Although, with my memory, there is a good chance I will be consulting the blog to remember what my kids names are in a year or so.

Happy 6 months Evie-Lu!!!  We are so in love with this precious girl.


post signature

1 comment:

Annie said...

haha, Hudson said that Evie's eyes look so blue that she looks like an Avitar.... I think that is supposed to be a complement :)