Tuesday, June 17

The Zoo





In case you have been wondering where all the stay-at-home mom's go, you can find them at the zoo.  Seriously people, I drove into the parking lot and was met with Mom Central.  Double strollers were attacking the pavement and mom's were everywhere!  David and I met up with Morgan and Bella for our first trip to the zoo.  The little ones are just around 9 months old and really seemed to enjoy looking at the animals.  The monkeys were their favorite and showed their excitement by banging on the glass windows.  We even took them on the train for their first of I am sure what will be many rides.  I was completely impressed by the many improvements at The Birmingham Zoo.  There is a fabulous barn with PRECIOUS sheep, llamas, and goats that you can pet.  They even offer camel rides now!  The water park area is going to such a blast come next summer.  There is a little cafe area that overlooks a children's water area.  Kids were running all through the water fountains in their bathing suits and there was even a foam pool.  So fun!!  I think we are in the market for a season pass after Christmas!

(new post below)

post signature

4 comments:

Katie and Cullen said...

Hey!
I apologize for the randomness of this story, but I just had to share! I have seen you in some photos with a mutual friend (Hope Gresham) on the Facebook and kept thinking your name sounded familiar and wondering how I knew you. So I came to your blog and realized how I know you! Grant and I went to Brookwood Baptist Church together when we were little. He might not even remember me...we left when I was in 3rd grade. My last name was Walker then...his parents might remember my parents (Dolly & Jim Walker). But I think you guys must have gotten married sometime around the time that my husband and I did - around the time when my mom and I were of course obsessed with the Sunday Lifestyle section of the B'ham news! And I remember noticing your wedding announcement picture and how beautiful and uniqe it was! We just loved it! Then my mom realized that you married Grant and reminded me of who he was! SO, that is the long story of how I ended up at your blog! Just wanted to say hey and tell you that your little boy is adorable!!! Strange small world!

-Katie Byington

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Hey Elizabeth! Okay, I am so glad you like my new design! I oculdn't tell if I wanted to keep it or not! Anyways, I loved this post about the zoo. I took my class on a field trip in may and there were 47 schools there on top of all the moms. seriously, we couldn't move! But we spent the afternoon in the water park. a total blast!! definitely get a pass! And wells and I can go with ya'll next year on a non-busy week day! And thanks for the comments on bible study. I can't wait! I hope it goes well. Love ya, dana

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

By the way, your posts TOTALLY crack me up! And I love how precious David is!! Love, Dana

Anonymous said...

liz you look so beautiful in that first picture!! since i've been back in cali i had to catch up on my reading!