Tuesday, June 3

Marley and Me





David and Marley are becoming fast friends.  Marley's licking makes David burst into laughter and he just giggles with delight.  It's precious!!!  For awhile Marley was kind of stand offish and didn't seem to want to acknowledge that Dave was a person.  Well now that he can pull up, it seems that Marley is much more interested in the vertical version of David.  They play all the time and David crawls all through the house following Marley around.  We are VERY lucky to have found a small dog that has such an amazing temperament.  Marley's breed is used in nursing homes and after the past 2 years I can certainly see why.  He is tender and kind, very gentle with children and is just desperate to be included.  I am hoping he will be a good side kick for David to play around the house with.

I knew at some point I would feel it was worth it to have an infant and a dog.  Now I am starting to see how cute they will be together as David grows.

post signature

1 comment:

Rodney and Mary Ann King said...

Liz,
You don't know me, but I saw a link on Joy's blog to your blog. I clicked on it and recognized Grant. We went to Brookwood Baptist together! Anyway, I saw your post about Marley. I am looking for a dog for us and our 1 year old and was wondering what breed Marley is. Can you email me at rodneyandmaryannking@hotmail.com and let me know?
Thanks!
Mary Ann King (Grant will remember me as Mary Ann Harbour)