Wednesday, April 2

War Eagle!!





Last weekend, David and Bella (just 2 weeks apart) took their first trip to Auburn's A-Day game.  David is becoming a seasoned fan already since he spent all 4 quarters in the Iron Bowl when he was only 2 months old!!  We took the trip with our friends the Rogers and had such a fun time.  Of course, traveling with babies is ALWAYS a spectacle.  They had the only umbrella stroller that could mystify an architect AND aerospace engineer grad.  There was no folding that stupid stroller!  And Grant was covered in this HUGE hiking backpack that David loves.  We finally made the trek to the stadium after many diaper changes, nose wipes, and spit up catches.  The babes were soo cute together during the game.  They are finally very social with one another and actually seem interested in playing together.  We spent the first half camped out taking up 2 rows of the stadium and then David's Aunt Emily posed an offer we could not refuse.  She was working one of her last events as a War Eagle Girl and found extra tickets to the President's box.  Of course, we packed up our baby circus and transferred it to the box.  Emily took David all over and introduced him to all sorts of important people and the religion professor Grant, Emily, and I had came over and visited for quite awhile.  The food was free and the seats were amazing.  Thanks Em for pulling some strings for us to have a super special A-Day Game!!!  We had to capture the moment in the box since it may be a VERY long time before David or Bella ever grace those kinds of seats.

Honestly, the day was rather uneventful in terms of baby drama.  The babes were so fun and pleasant.  That is until we decided to make an event of the ride home.  Lake Martin is on the way back to Bham and we decided to stop in and visit my parentals and catch some dinner at Sinclairs.  WELL, dinner was a bad idea.  After David finished his 8 ounce night time bottle, he decided a good poop was in order.  This requires lot's of concentration and energy while seated in a high chair.  I guess it was too much for his poor milk saturated system and he proceeds to shoot milk from his nose and vigorously choke on it as well.  I quickly scoop him up, beat on his back, and put him on my shoulder to finish his "business."  This was followed by him vomiting down the back of my dress and then projectile vomiting on Grant once he was moved to the corner of the booth.  Between David's drama and Bella refusing her bottle by spitting milk all over the place and snotting all over her face ever 10 minutes, we were spent!!  To top it all off, I take David to get a diaper change in the bathroom.  The blasted Koala diaper changing thingy is mounted so dang high on the wall, David is lying at my collarbone level.  Yes, I am short.  No, I am not a little person.  I blindly change a messy diaper and manage a squirming squealing 6 month old who is already wearing his last outfit of the day.  And since David is basically suspended 6 feet in the air, I am not aware that poop has stained his LAST set of clothes.  Lovely.  I zip up my poop stained child and wait on the check.  This is why a good babysitter is a precious commodity.

post signature

1 comment:

Courtney said...

So glad you guys made it to A-day! I am jealous! And I love hearing about all of your baby adventures...you crack me up!