Tuesday, April 15

Growing Up







I am sorry to be MIA for so long.  Things have been a little crazy and frankly, I just couldn't get any creative juices flowing.  We sent David to spend the night out for the first time and headed to Augusta to attend The Masters.  The weather was beautiful and it was such a fun time to spend with friends at such a regal event.  Grant has also started his new job and we've been trying to give his office a little personal touch.  Thankfully, it's less than a month till Grant graduates from the Manderson School of Business at UA.  I know he will be glad to be finished with graduate school and onto things he has passion for.  I have some funny posts coming soon, but for now just a little update as to what the little man has been up to.

Apparently, David is on fast forward at the moment.  Over the past 3 weeks he sat up, cut two teeth, pulled up, rocked on his hands and knees, caught his first cold, and used a sippy cup.  He is old.  I just wish he would slow down a bit and give us a few more months of babyhood.  He is desperate to crawl and I just know he is about to go mobile.  He is already pushing me away and trying to steal the spoon when I feed him.  Basically, he's already claiming some independence and it's only the beginning I know!!  Regardless, he is precious and so fun to play with these days.  All of those toys we invested in about 6 months ago have been worth their money over the last month.  He plays all day long!!  He loves to roll all across the den and suck on basically anything he can get his mouth on, even the highchair wheels!!  Until he figured out how to get on his hands and knees and lunge for toys, he was cleverly pulling the blanket towards him until he could reach his toy of choice.  Hilarious.  His little personality is showing itself and he is a little ball of energy.  And I love him!!



post signature

3 comments:

Annie said...

Liz!!

I am so glad that you finally posted :) jk, I know that you have been busy but is nice to see some new pictures of David. In the first picture where he is smiling with the sippy cup he looks so much like Karen to me, it's kind of weird cause I have never considered him to look like her but it's something about his smile and eyes. Also, it looks like he has gotten so big! In that picture with you in it looks like you are struggling to hold him because he is so big. Crazy..... I miss you family so much and can't wait to see you come when I come home :)

Unknown said...

in that picture with you in the green shirt it is will!!! i mean no doubt. its what i have him in my head looking like as a baby... so bizarre.

Whitney said...

Liz,
He is sooo cute! I can't believe he's growing up so fast. :) I hope Grant is doing well and enjoying his new job. What is he doing now?
Whit