Friday, April 25

7 month old Bubba







This Little Man is cracking us up!!  He is so fun to watch grow and change.  I figure crawling is right around the corner considering he is "creeping" all over the den floor.  Going to dinner is an event.  I rarely remember eating, but somehow I see an empty plate sitting in front of me.  Menus and forks are more appealing to this little guy than the 17 hundred toys I towed with us from home.  He LOVES him some spinach and green beans which is so odd to me.  Somehow, I thought he would prefer fruit.  And I mean he does love some baby food.  If I even try to carry on a conversation while also feeding him and my tempo gets slowed down, watch out now!  He comes after that jar of food like he hasn't eaten in days.  Hilarious!  His social nature has become his trademark as he smiles at every person that may possibly drift into his eyeline.  He has yet to meet a stranger and really only has anxiety issues when huge crowds of people surround him at once.  "Biting attacks" are a new part of our lives as I am sure David's little gums are desperate for some soothing.  You will be talking and all of a sudden he has grabbed your wrist or your knuckle and shoved it into his mouth chomping away.  Those two bottom teeth are sharp!!  He also reaches out to be picked up which we absolutely LOVE and he is starting to really be intentional about expressing his needs.  Yesterday, he did not want to go down for his morning nap.  I let him fuss it out for about 10 minutes and then went in to try some soothing.  I hear "Mama" (not intentional "Mama" though) through his tears.  As I open the door, I find that he has his hand gripped on the bumper pad pulling it down, his little head is peeking over the top, and he is peering at the door waiting on me with little tears on his face.  Talk about a heart breaker!!!  

The past 2 months have brought us a variety of new things just flooding our home, but we are loving every second of it.  I cannot believe 7 months has passed in what feels like 10 minutes. God has blessed us richly.  We love you Bubba!

post signature

5 comments:

JJ said...

Mallie and I really want to meet David! He is so precious :)

Annie said...

Wow! 7 months really? That is so strange! I can't wait til may when I get to see him more often. I love all of you!

Annie said...

by the way... i definitely made one of these pictures my desktop (the black and white one) Hope that's not creepy :)

Courtney said...

He is just so precious! I can't wait to meet him this week!

The Wilbanks said...

Happy Birthday Dave Man!
We love you...