Wednesday, March 26

All things new!








Well, 6 months has brought lot's of new experiences for our little man.  A couple of weeks ago David sat up for the first time unassisted.  Since then he MUST sit up at all times.  Sitting in his car seat at a restaurant is NOT an option.  I waited a few weeks to let him use a high chair because he had shown himself to toppling over.  This has led to me eating with one hand and holding a bouncing baby with my other hand.  Well, tonight we used the highchair AND the grocery cart baby seat!!!!  It gave me a HUGE sense of FREEDOM to leave that blasted car seat INSIDE the car!!!!  That thing has been the bane of my existence for the last 6 months.  I moved David to an umbrella stroller fairly early simply because it made me nauseated to think of toting that stupid car seat on my elbow.  Now, I just grab the babe, the bag, the floppy seat and we are off!  We have also started 3 a day baby food feedings.  Because we have been slowly introducing food since 4 months, we have a lot to work and mix with.  I am about to introduce carrots, squash, and avocado.  I am excited to begin branching out and allow him to be exposed a variety of real food.  I also got one of those nifty fresh food mesh thingys.  He loves to suck on pears or bananas through that little gadget.  It has been a great way to give fresh food snacks!! I highly recommend it.  6 months has also given us a HIGH ENERGY child.  He used to be known as the most mellow kid on the block.  Now a days, he is ALL over the place: digging through my purse, JUMPING off of anything his feet touch, and shoving just about everything in his mouth.  Basically he acts as if he is always in an exersaucer.  It's pretty hilarious and definitely a change in pace.

post signature

1 comment:

JJ said...

What is the fresh food mesh thingy?
I would love to know :)