Sunday, March 23

He is Risen!!

David had a great first Easter.  I must say he was looking quite dapper in his pale blue linen and knee socks.  We started with church at 9 and then we headed off to lunch with my extended family at 11.  After that, we made our rounds to Grant's side of the family and visited for the afternoon.  It was really a delightful day and we are blessed to be surrounded by so many loving family members.  David is attention spoiled to say the least.  I already have to tell him he isn't the center of the world.  However, I think his reality is kind of contradicting this tactic of mine.  He will be 6 months on Tuesday and I am LOVING this age.  Dave smiles for the camera and is into EVERYTHING already.  I am not sure what I will do with him when he learns to crawl.  I guess the backpack will be my primary weapon when he gets fully mobile.  I feel like it could be much sooner than I expected, but you never really know.  I just never saw all this scooting and twisting coming so soon.  He is hilarious and I am definitely having to remember to bring toys WHEREVER we go.  His attention span is quite short and dinner forks don't make a great distraction for a baby.  He has spilled 2 drinks already and often tries to steal our food.  However, when I let him stick his hand in his food he has no idea what to do with it.  He's a quirky guy and I am excited for what is to come!!  Thank you God for the gift of motherhood!!!  It's a blast.

post signature

1 comment:

Courtney said...

What a precious family! I cannot believe that David is already 6 months old...time is flying by. We must plan lunch once we move up to Bham. Keep enjoying your little man!