Saturday, August 7

She Loves Us

In Evie's 8 month post, I made a note that she is very content since gaining mobility.  I may need to take that back, HA.  The past few days she has been so aware of where her people are that we can barely keep her content unless she is being held or actively looked at.  David was never one to cry when I left the room, so this is definitely a new experience for me.  I always heard of babies who cried when they found themselves alone and Evie is one of those for sure.  It amazes me what she really is able to take in and understand at this age.  She has gotten to the point where her fusses are intentional and usually used to get her way: be picked up, get another cracker, etc.  It's also as if she is calling me as she crawls from the den to the kitchen trying to find me.  It does make for a warm welcome when I come get her up from bed.  She is always perched on her knees, peering through the railings, just waiting for me with the biggest smile.  It is really sweet.  I guess I thought that a physically active baby would be more independent, but for us it has proved to be the opposite.  David (our mellow child) is extremely tender and sweet, but is very very independent and always has been.  So far, Evie is a monkey mess, but is extremely dependent on her Mama's affection and attention.  She also has a soft spot for her Daddy and LIGHTS up when he comes home after work.  She has just gotten to where she almost is reaching out for one of us.  Just a little sweet detail about our Girl I wanted to note for when she is grown.

post signature

2 comments:

Confessions said...

just caught myself up. y'all are such a sweet and beautiful family. that boy of yours...ah! he steals my heart with those "performances." amazing grace? it doesn't get much sweeter than that.

little evie is such a beauty. God bless y'all today!

lovey50 said...

liz they are both precious!