Thursday, October 8

Things To Laugh About


2 is seriously such a fun age.  It can be exhausting for sure, don't get me wrong.  However, 2 is funny.  It amazes me how this little man's brain processes things.  

As you all probably know, David has a SERIOUS obsession with musical instruments.  I mean, I have never seen anything like it.  He not only loves the guitar and saxophone, but the tuba, harmonica, french horn, and now the VIOLIN.  He basically turned his guitar upside down as pictured above and requested a "bowf" at dinner last night.  Leo, Annie, Quincy, and June (Little Einstens on Disney) have really taught him a thing or two about music.  I know we definitely have never covered the violin before.

It also makes me laugh how he uses the word "Excuse Me" in various contexts without prompting.  We are in a serious clingy phase (I think he can sense change is coming) and he is ALL ABOUT Mommy.  This has led to lots of difficult car rides and phone conversations, lunch dates and errands.  He absolutely freaks out if he does not have my full attention.  Soo, we have been working on how to politely interrupt Mommy's conversations--rather than screaming 'Mommy' over and over again for extreme amounts of time.  This is how he has learned about the phrase 'excuse me.'  However, he likes to use it least with me and most with his toys.  As he navigates his way through a toy covered play room, I hear him saying excuse me over and over again.  He also has discovered that burps should be followed by excuse me as well--not sure where he has picked up on this.  So funny.

It is so interesting to me how obsessive and tunnel visioned 2 year old children are.  He has recently fallen in love with Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars and 'Memo' from Finding Nemo.  He loves to call his red cozy coupe a RACECAR and has named it 'Itning McKeen'.  He plays in his racecar all.day.long!!  He also is absolutely enamored with any car that looks like mine or Grants.  This is cute and all, until we are driving down the road and he sees "Daddy's Car!!" driving alongside us.  Usually, this car ends up turning off the road and of course we do not follow.  This does not sit well with David as he proceeds to holler "OTHER WAY" for almost 2 minutes after the car spotting.  I have learned a lot about explaining.  If you are approaching the 2 year old phase of thinking---I highly encourage you to OVERLY explain everything to your child.  Detailed explanations have prevented a lot of melt downs around here.

Nursery pictures coming soon!! 



post signature

No comments: