Monday, October 19

Sweetness









We spent the chilly weekend away at Lake Martin--just the 3 of us.  It was SO nice.  We really are trying to take advantage of these last few weeks where we only have David to pour into and enjoy.  Our time was spent making forts, watching football with an unfortunate outcome, cooking delicious food, and collecting rocks, sticks, and pine cones.  It was perfect.

We then came home Sunday in time to enjoy the chilly weather.  Daddy and David played some golf and took some rides in the golf cart we have yet to return from his birthday party.  Meanwhile, I spent the evening nesting like a CRAZY WOMAN.  I am so thankful for this burst of productivity, but am definitely paying for it physically!  

In David news--2 is the BEST, minus the emotional outbursts that have become common place around here.  He has become incredibly attached to his little security blanket--'Blue My'.  We will have to cross that bridge at a later date--that and the pacifier.  He is only allowed to have his paci in the car or in bed---however, you would think it is attached to his mouth the way he talks about it all day.  His obsession with music continues---he now loves to pretend that he is playing the trombone and marches around the house.  His interest in letters and numbers has grown and it amazes me how much he has learned since he turned 2--their little brains are unbelievable!!  I just hope that we make the transition to big brother---I worry about jealousy and hurt feelings, resentment, etc.  I can only pray that his desire to be a 'big helper' can be used to help forge a sweet bond between the two of them.  Now, I just need to figure out what I am going to do with both of them all day, ha!


post signature

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love the pictures of the fort! So much fun, precious.