Monday, December 15

Deck the Halls





I absolutely LOVE decorating for Christmas. I am obsessed. I actually broke my long standing rule that Christmas decor cannot go up before Thanksgiving. Mainly, because I feel sorry for Thanksgiving. It seems to always get the shaft in our society. Thanksgiving is a big deal in our family and I always enjoy it despite the cheesy pilgrim decor I often around town. Pilgrimation is not something you will find in our home, but you all probably know that if you have been following my blog since last year's Santamation debacle. Anyways, I must confess I broke my own rule this year. Grant left me to shoot ducks the weekend before Thanksgiving and I spent most of David's sleeping hours covering the house in glorious Christmas accessories. Next year, we will definitely decorate the tree as a family...but for now Grant is largely uninterested. Anyways, we went out of town for the entire week and weekend of Thanksgiving and I really wanted to come home to a well-lit and festive home. I even had Grant go in to plug in the tree before I came inside from being away for T-giving. It was well-worth it.

So here are a few pictures of the various projects I worked on this year. Like I said before, burlap was my accessory of choice and I tried to keep it simple and natural this year. David has done GREAT with the tree. He stand as close as possible without touching it and he stares. He is in love with it. Every morning we go straight to the tree and stand there together. He tempts fate from time to time by lightly brushing his chubby hand over a low-hanging ornament, but overall he has been fairly obedient. No broken ornaments so far!!

New post coming soon. It involves the big man in red and our son who is currently suffering from PTSD. He may need therapy.





post signature

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You need to put your blog on the Tour of Homes on BOOMAMA.NET.
So precious!