Wednesday, December 31

Christmas 2008









This Christmas was really special for us. Somehow, having a son of my own really has sensitized my spirit to the true overwhelming significance of this day. I will say-in the midst of decorating, shopping, throwing parties, and wrapping gifts; it has been easy to let myself be distracted by the world and completely miss this meaningful life changing celebration. I routinely had to actively meditate on Christ and fix my eyes on Him in order to tune out all the hoopla that is how we celebrate here in America. I look forward to creating meaningful traditions for our children that allows their little hearts to be softened to Christ during this time rather than consumed with receiving gifts. I have wanted to write something of real significance regarding the birth of Christ, but this season words fail me and I just almost feel intimidated to tell His story. We will see....

Christmas Eve was spent at our church's candlelight service with my siblings and parents. It was really special even though I spent the second half following David all over the place. (He had a cough and couldn't go to the nursery.) We then met up with my extended family and had such a fun time enjoying their company and eating good food. This is a tradition that has been going on since I can remember and I look forward to it every year.

Christmas morning was so sweet for our family. David is old enough to really enjoy the few gifts he received and he spent most of the morning playing with this new cars/trucks, hugging on his Mama and Daddy, and reading his books. We later met up with Grant's family for a late breakfast and then spent lunch with the Estess extended family. David was showered with gifts to say the least and is currently learning to dunk his new basketball goal despite the obvious leanings of his genetic make-up. (I won't dash his hopes just yet.) He basically spent most of the day camped out in his Cozy Coupe he got from Gran and Papaw and is just now learning how to make it work....we are moving backwards so far. Also, I would like to give a shout out to my SIL who we call Maynee---she knitted that precious hat for David and I am obsessed with it. How cute is it!!!???!!?

Anyways----I hope you all had a wonderful time this year celebrating the birth of Christ with those you love most!!!

(new post below)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you get that car table that David got for Christmas?? It looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

I need some new pictures!
Denise