Monday, May 3

My Favorite Little Ones


We are having so much fun.  Other than a right ear infection for Miss Evie Lu, things have been going quite smoothly.  David is such a tender and sweet little boy.  I am still covered up in "I love yous" or "I like your shirt, Mommy.  It pretty!" comments.  I could just eat him up on those days where I don't want to pinch his little head off.  Luckily, the hard days are few and far between.  For the most part he is still incredibly teachable and responds well to discipline.  I know, I am spoiled.  He makes me look good for sure.  He truly just wants to please his parents.  If I tell him something he did made me sad, he will say, "Oh no Mommy, I want to make you happy!"  He will often ask me if he "break yours heart" or if he "makes you happy."  I just love the way he talks and dread the day he starts using correct grammar 100% of the time.  His current obsession is Thomas the Train.  He watches it on Tivo every morning and luckily was able to borrow a Thomas Table and like a million trains from Grant's cousin, Mac.  Thank you Mac!!  He pretty much spends all of his time lining up his trains and riding them around on the tracks.  He knows all of their names and is very specific as to what order they go in.  His favorites are Thomas and Percy.  He says Evie can play with Henry.  David still goes around singing Amazing Grace and recently has memorized 2 Timothy 1:7.  He pumps his fist and says "POWERRRRR" and always leaves out love.  He also must start every time with "And 1, 2, 3 Go."  If I say "1-2-3 GO", he refuses to continue and says, "NO, And 1-2-3 Go."  All songs must start this way as well.  Lately, we have been referring to him as 'Bossman' because he is extremely bossy.  He HATES being told he is bossy and always says, "I not bossy!  No say Bossman."  We are working through it, but I guess it's par for the course when 2 oldest children give birth to an oldest child whose grandfathers are oldest children as well, ha! 

Evie is doing really well.  Just turned 5 months on the 1st!!  I cannot believe it.  She now prefers to sleep on her belly and goes down around 730 at night.  After a 1030 dreamfeed,  she sleeps to about 630 or 7.  Her morning nap is always on the go (poor girl) and then she crashes in the afternoon alongside her brother.  I am very luck to have a few hours to get things done or rest in the afternoon.  She is still extremely happy, but is quick to tell you if things are just not right.  Her sleep is getting better--three times now she has fallen asleep in public without fussing but a few seconds.  I was shocked.  Thankfully, the swaddle is history and I think that probably has contributed to her sleeping better in places where she cannot be swaddled.  She is so squishy and soft, I could hold her all day long!!!  Evie adores David and loves to smile and laugh at anything he does.  She can roll front to back and back to front, which means she is all over the bed.  She is extremely active and not the kind to sit still and relax.  Still doesn't meet a stranger and makes everyone feel like the most popular person ever!  So curious what her personality will be like!
(new post below)

post signature

No comments: