Wednesday, July 30

Our Little Bookworm



David's newest obsession is "reading".  He LOVES books.  He constantly is perched over his book basket sifting through them all.  He sits on his knees, book in lap, flipping page after page. His personal favorite is Where is Spot?  I was surprised to find that he knows what parts of the page flip open.  He gets VERY excited about trying to find Spot and often times rips the flip piece right off the page.  This is all pretty sweet because I was also a bookworm as a baby/kid.  I never had a "lovey" or security blanket.  Instead I just toted books around with me at all times.  My mom spent many hours taping books back together after I ripped them to pieces in my crib.  

SO- Even though he hasn't attached himself to something babyish, it has been fun to see David show that he prefers books over blankets and stuffed animals.  (for now at least)


post signature

No comments: