Friday, December 16

Better Together




























I just have to brag about my two little ones and what a sweet and fun pair they have become.  In most ways, they could not be any more different.  He is cautious, she is a dare devil.  He is affectionate, she is particular about her personal space.  He is tender, she is tough.  He is a people pleaser, she most certainly is not.  He is timid, she is mostly outgoing.  He is a cuddler, she is a busy body.  He loves order, she is all over the place.  He eats very little and quite quickly, she takes her time and eats everything on her plate.  However, they both love movies, snacks, Christmas lights, dessert, going to the park, playing chase, reading books, and running the show. :)  I have loved watching their dynamic develop these past 6 months as Evie Marelle has become an independent little person and David has fought to keep his rightful place as the first born male.  I must give David a ton of credit because he is an amazing big brother, very affectionate and thoughtful.  He is quite concerned with her doing what he thinks is right and has kept her out of real danger a time or two for sure.  I pray and pray that his heart stays soft towards her as they surely will irritate each other over the years.  I find myself just quietly praying over them as they play, even if only for a few seconds, that they would develop a strong bond and become true friends over the years.  Family is such a gift and I hope that we can foster a family culture where they enjoy each other more often than not.  All in all, I just wanted to document all of these sweet pictures of our little buds palling around together.  It has been such a blessing to watch them learn to play and for her to follow his lead as he learns to create play that involves both of them.  She is a lucky little girl!!!  For the most part, he is very inclusive and loves to be around her.  They both can be a little weird about their personal toys (normal, of course!), and have for sure had to learn not to be physically aggressive towards one another.  I pray these two develop a closeness similar to what I have with my two siblings--each relationship unique in it's own way, but full of true enjoyment, laughter, inside jokes, support, and friendship.
post signature

No comments: