Thursday, January 31

CEREAL

Finally, we are moving to solid foods.
Don't be mistaken, I do not want David to grow up faster than he already is. BUT he has been more than ready for solids for almost a month now. We moved him to 5 ounces of formula every 2 hours and lately he has barely been able to make it even that long. Naturally, I shifted to demand feeding because the poor guy was starving all the time. In addition, he started waking up at 1 AM begging for food. So sad!! He hasn't woken up in the middle of the night since he was 7 weeks old. Thankfully, we have the go ahead on rice cereal. I am excited for this new addition to our routine and am hoping it keeps dave a little more at peace regarding meal times. I mean all this eating and he remains in the 25% for his weight. Let me just say his metabolism is not something he inherited from ME!!!!

At first, he doesn't appear to be sure of what he thinks. He really seemed to enjoy it though. After a few bites he would smile and laugh. Very cute!! After three feedings, he is now starting to open his mouth when he sees the spoon. It is rather strange seeing him sit in a high chair like he is old or something.



1 comment:

JJ said...

We still havent started rice cereal, I dont want to! We do however own the same high chair :)
Kindermusik has a website and they offer all over town so you can find one convenient to you. I did ours at Children's bc of the precious instructor, Tasha, who will be on maternity leave soon.
Email me though at joyjonas@gmail.com bc I have another class to tell you about, that is free!