Sunday, December 9

Sunday Lunch with Santa!






I am thankful to have our first Christmas while David is so young and frankly, oblivious. I need more time to pray through teaching David about Christmas and what all it means for Christians. I want him to enjoy the childhood fantasy of Santa Clause and all that comes along with his little imagination for sure. Even so, I am burdened by the world's attempt to steal the true significance Christmas holds for God's people. How do I teach my child that Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus, the fulfillment of prophecy, and the love of a perfectly merciful and just God in the midst of all that the world has done to dilute this truth? How do I teach him that Christmas is about a perfect child born to bring salvation to the world when he is surrounded by presents solely meant for him? These are things I need to understand better how to convey to David as a parent and I need more time before he understands. Of course, I grew up with Santa and gifts on Christmas and never once questioned the meaning of Christmas. I will rest in the fact that God will win David's heart and equip me to train him up in the truth. I pray that a fictional holiday character will not steal from our family during such a sacred time as Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hot mama!!